Green flat bean salad with lemon and
Today morning I had to create a few salads. Requirements were: easy to prepare, summer flavour, good besides fresh grilled lamb filet.
I tried a few things and immediately nominated this one for winner.
Green flat beans are very fine vegetables to eat with lamb. There are many ways to prepare them - be it softly steamed with seasalt, oliveoil and summer savory or a bit stronger with dried tomatoes onions and a bit of garlic.
The following variation with lemon and mint is more fresh, tastes like summer and is served cold as salad. It can be easily prepared the day before you have a barbecue.
- fresh flat beans
- one organic lemon
- one mild white onion
- 2 tea spoons of honey, the best to use in here is a greek thyme honey
- crunched black pepper
- mild white vinegar
- strong green olive oil, I used a wonderful dark green greek one from Crete
- crunched sea salt
- fresh crunched black pepper
- a bunch of very fine sliced fresh mint
- a bowl of icy water with ice cubes