mobile minds archive

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Cooking spring-to-come-soul food with gaumenperlen – No.4

Porridge with peach-vanilla-cranberry jam

Everybody is talking about the weather....and seeking desperately spring. The woman in my favourite organic food store, a farm owner, says, she does not remember such a long winter for years... . The only thing that really helps in such situations is to keep hope:-) and feed your freezing mind and soul carefully to get in a better mood. The best way to hit this target: cook real soul food!
Soul food is a very personal thing. It often consits out of mixed recipies that remind me on scenes out of my childhood. Or it evokes special moments I never forget - be there on special trips or even in very common situations.
I have a very long list of real personal soul food. One of my favourite dishes when i really feel cold and I am not completly happy with my day is a special kind of porridge out of oat big flakes.

You need 
1/2 liter fresh fat milk
150 grammes of porridge oat flakes (big)
1 tea spoon of butter
1 tea spoon of brown sugar
2 soop spoons of gaumenperlen italian peach jam with vanilla and cranberries

Put all ingredients in a little pot and heat it very slowly until you have a light porridge texture. Turn the heat off and add the gaumenperlen peach jam, stir it slowly. Put the lid on and let the porridge rest for 5 minutes. Than serve it with a few cranberries in a bowl or on a soup plate.
Eating that porridge I become immediately very sure inside, that spring will start tomorrow:-)



dolce vita ahoi
monika ebert mobile minds



about mobile-minds

My photo
berlin
gaumenperlen - a label by mobile minds, monika ebert::: gaumenperlen is a diary about affairs of the heart. I´m addicted to delicious food, unique and extraordinary places as well as valuable things, fine arts, design, music, tango argentino and interesting people. The focus of this diary is food. Delicious food is much more than nutrition, health or prestige. it is the basis of your body& soul, it is at the core of your way to think, to live and act, it is your attitude towards nature. For me cooking is a wild, joyful, creative process with the objective to share the result in the end. This process is surrounded by a bunch of exciting encounters - nevertheless where I am:: at the markets, talking to producers, at the book stores, in restaurants, in my kitchen. That´s why I love cooking and travelling.